Saturday, December 22, 2012

R.I.P. Jewelie Mendenhall

I lost one of my best friends this August 2012. Jewelie was one of my first friends I made when I moved to San Diego, Ca. I met her when I started working at the "Service Station" hair salon in the Kennsington neighborhood of San Diego. She instantly be-friend ed me. Some of the best times in my life were with this gal. She was very unique and passionate. She introduced me to the Avocado, like a good California native should. She also introduced me to the world of swing dancing. She loved to dance. She was a friend I could just call up any time and chat. She was someone you could count on. I miss her dearly. Here are some of the photos from our friendship.

2 comments:

Vicky Lynn said...

I appreciated reading your tribute to my daughter Jewelie. Thank you so much for posting your loving thoughts.

Vicky

Modern Hex said...

You are welcome Vicky! Your daughter was a really good friend to me. I think of her every day.